Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Morning

Had another great nights sleep, which is helpful when we go all day. Yesterday I met with the newest addition to the churches we are working with " PIB Agostinho Porto." This meeting went longer mainly for the fact they have not participated in any of the evangelistic projects with us or International Commission. So we needed to take time and explain how the process works. Everyone here is excited about us coming to help with the project.

I am doing my best to eat moderately at each meal. They feed you very well here in Brazil and encourage you to eat more! Yesterday my meals consisted of: Breakfast-fruit, bread, cheese, biscuit, jelly, juice & coffee; Lunch - Chicken Stroganoff, french fries, rice, black beans, salad, juice, soda, ice cream and jello; evening snack #1-bread, cheese, ham, soda & coffee; evening snack #2 at PIBAP-bread, sausage, biscuit, cheese, cookies, cake, coffee, juice, & hot chocolate; Dinner at 11:30pm (yes that is 11:30pm, they eat late here)-sorry but I declined...hard to sleep on a full stomach, but it was bread, beans and rice and left over stroganoff, oh and ice cream!

Each night I have been here, I have been invited to join Marcos and his family for their evening devotion time. It has been a blessing to be included in this and makes me feel very much a part of the family.

One of the great things I have seen was at IB Jose Bonifacio. Their entire project planning team was made up of youth from the church. Pastor Adonias is fairly young himself, but believes that in order to head into the future, you need some younger people on the "important" decisions for the church. Kinda makes you go..."Hmmmmmm." 

Today I will drive around and take pictures of each church and the pastors to bring back to our meetings so each missionary can get an idea of where they will work. Then in the evening I will meet with IB Vilar Formosa and Pastor Marcos Lopes.

It has been great back here in Brazil, but I am also ready to see my family. I think this year was harder because I came alone. But that doesn't change the fact that I am having a lot of fun and God is working.

More later,
Bob

No comments: