Friday, June 6, 2008

Last Day in Brazil!


Today was a fun and relaxing day in Brazil, the only one since I have been here (and I leave tonight at 6:45PM). Marcos and I went to one of the Rio beaches and walked 5 kilometers...roughly 3 miles. It was good to get some exercise after being in meetings all week long. It was a beautiful day to walk the beach, not many in the water (it is their winter) but a lot sunning themselves, running, walking or riding their bikes.

After the beach we stopped at a grocery store and I picked up some guarana mix and soda for the family. I am such a good husband and father. Hopefully it all makes it through the security check points and customs, but I doubt it will be a problem.

At 5:00pm Diego will take me to the airport. I am ready to head back to the USA, but if my family was here, I could stay indefinitely. Much of the work is done, now we just need to finish preparations to go. Be praying about the visas. Michelle found out we now need Driver's Licenses for each on going and we have to pay extra because they need to go to Washington DC. Part of that was us waiting a little too long (not getting everyone's pictures and apps in when we needed, us not keeping on everyone), but we need them stamped regionally and with Rachel out of California now, it would be to crazy. So be praying for the visas, I do not believe it will be a case of them not getting here on time, just the added expense of Washington DC and stuff.

Be in prayer for each missionary going. The days will be long, everyone will be needed to speak at some point (and I know that is out of the comfort zone for some), health, and safety.

My next post will be from in the USA. If anyone needs me while I am in Texas, I can be reached by my cell phone and you all should have that that needs it.

Serving Together,
Bob

No comments: