Monday, June 2, 2008

Brazil Project Update from the field


Well as you are aware I made it to Brazil and so did my luggage (to be thankful for the little things).

My schedule has been very full since I arrived. I was busy all day Saturday with a BBQ at the home of my friend Marcos to celebrate his son Diego's birthday (21). Then we headed to Vila Rosali for services. I didn't get back to the house until 11:00pm.

Sunday I spoke in all four of the churches that we will be working with. I was in two churches in the morning (Jose Bonaficio & Agostino Porto), then met with the churches for some planning all afternoon, then I was back in the remaining two churches (Vilar Formosa & Vila Rosali). I was back home around 11:00pm again.

Each day (monday - thursday) I will meet with each church to finalize a specific schedule for them. This year the group will be traveling around to each church helping as needed. It will be a little different, but fun to get to know the other churches better.

At this point, our days will consist of: evangelistic visits in homes, evangelism services at night, vbs in the churches for 3 days, visiting public schools to share with students, parades in the streets to name a few.

We will begin the week with a service including all four churches at their associational office and end the week with a celebration service at City Hall outside if the weather is good, otherwise the associational office.

I will try and keep updating more throughout the week.

That is it for now.
Bob

No comments: