Thursday, June 5, 2008

Today I completed the last of the meeting for my time here in Brazil. I met with the planning team from Primera Igreja Batista em Vila Rosali. This is the church I have been coming to since the 2005 project. They are my main contacts here in Brazil. We have now combined all four church schedules into one master plan (and it is a busy one). 

Tomorrow night I fly towards home with a stop in Dallas for a week with Michelle's parents. Michelle and the boys will fly in to Dallas tomorrow and I arrive Saturday morning. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing them! This has been a great time and we have accomplished a lot, but i am ready to come home, only to leave the monday after I get back from Texas for Centri-Kid camp for a week (never ends).

Tomorrow before I leave, Marcos and his family are taking me to the beach for a couple hours, then a little drive around Rio. Diego, Marcos' son is going to drive me to the airport around 5:00pm. I am going to try and get an upgrade for the Rio to Miami flight like I did coming down.

I have spent some of my "little" free time watching TV with Marcos' kids, Diego and Rafaela. I can't tell you how much more fun and interesting "American Chopper" and "Mythbusters" are in Portuguese. I know the Tuttels argue, but the extra emotion that they have when it comes out in Portuguese is amazing. Not to mention the voice that comes out for Mikey is pretty funny.

See you all in the USA. By the way, I read that Obama won the nomination....ummmm, yea I guess????

Bob

No comments: