Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Update! June 18th

Sorry it has been a little while since my last post, but I have been a little busy (well kind of). I spent a week in Texas with Michelle's parents, sister and brother-in-law, after the Brazil Pre-trip. While in Texas, I was able to relax a little, share about the Brazil Project with Roger and Carol's (Michelle's parents) life group from their church, enjoy the sights in Dallas and Fort Worth, celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary with Michelle, sweat (it was warm), and spend a few hours in the emergency room of Cook's Children's Hospital in Fort Worth the night before we flew home. Yes, you heard right. Nathanael broke his wrist the night before we flew home to California. Nathanael was playing with his cousins and was crawling up a few stairs (four to be exact) and hit wrong on the wrist and broke it (fracture). So, his wrist was casted in Fort Worth (in Dallas Cowboy blue, YEAH!) and he is here with me at our annual children's camp. Yes, I got home from Texas on Saturday night, went to church Sunday and ran around crazy finalizing camp stuff, had a fun afternoon for Father's Day and left Monday at 7:15am for camp. I will be here until Friday and then we begin VBS on Sunday at our church. Yippie! I actually get to sleep in my own bed for about a week and a half before the Brazil Project. Well enough about that.

Here are a few updates on Brazil: Michelle spent much of Monday (her day off) sending off the passports to get the visas, picked up the carry on bags, and ordering the bi-lingual Bibles. Michelle is awesome! I couldn't pull this off without her help. Oh yeah, she spent most of Saturday night doing Nathanael's and my laundry so we could come to camp and get it all dirty again. I believe sainthood is in order!

I am putting together the stuff for the final meeting, which is set for July 5th unless that date doesn't work for everyone. Please let me know ASAP if it doesn't.

At the meeting, we will hand out tickets, passports (if they are back), master schedule and many other things. Please make every effort to be at this one!

Please continue to pray for each one going, for the churches in Brazil as they prepare for us, those that we will have an opportunity to share with and for me and my family (this summer has been and will be a strain, but God is good!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Nathanael gets well soon!
...Michelle, you are a true super-woman!!! Congratulations!!!...
I'm praying for all of you!
God bless you!

Ivson.

Jeanne Hendricks said...

Way cool blog Bob! I am excited to be a prayer partner for you. This blog will help me know how to pray specifically. Wish I was going!