Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Full Schedule Getting More Full


I took a break from planning to get everyone updated on what is going on. We are currently putting together a master schedule of all four churches. So far we have two churches basically mapped out for every day we are here. I will be meeting with another church today, then another on Wednesday. Thursday I will finalize all the schedules and make any changes needed. 

This year is going to be different in that the missionaries will rotate around church to church as we are needed. So if a church has 2 missionaries staying with them, but they need 3 to accomplish the work that day, one of us will be taken there and then brought back when the job is done. It will be a lot of work, but I also like the fact that we will be getting to know more of the people in the other churches.

Everyone needs to be ready to speak as needed. That means more than a testimony, if you are not comfortable preaching, you need to at least have a passage to read and then summarize it and share what it means to you personally (about 15 minutes). The churches were hoping for more preachers, but they are willing to make due with who we are bringing, we just need to be willing to serve as needed. Remember, we are the missionaries and called to share and serve.

I am enjoying the food (as usual) and still love to Guarana! The driving here is different, and I was used to that, but the driving in the rain...yeeeeee haaaaaa! Buckle Up!

I will post more later.

Serving Together,
Bob

2 comments:

Chelle said...

you are so mean, posting that picture!

Bveach said...

Hey, I like that picture. Trust me, the picture doesn't do the drink justice...soooo good. hehe