Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a picture

From Brandon:
My interpreter in this picture name is Andy she is 18 this is her first time speaking like this. She is doing very good.We have many good updates, Christ had many victories Tuesday. We had a man give is life to Christ who was looking for something and he found yesterday. We had very similar life styles before Christ and God used my story and we cried together. God is awesome. Keep praying for us.

From Bob:

We just returned from out afternoon visits. Today Leah and I had various results. Some we planted seeds and/or watered seeds. I visited a lady I had visited in 2005, her son had just died when i was here in 2005 and I shared with her and her daughter-in-law. They did not accept Christ then. Today when I arrived she gave me a hug like I was her son and said she wanted to see pictures of my sons (she remembered i showed her in 2005). we had a great visit, I prayed with her and watered seeds already planted, she is less hard then she was in 2005. She owns the corner bakery by the church, so, yes we had cake! And she wouldn't let me only have one, I had to insist I didn't need another after she made me eat two pieces. The other visits today we had a few salvations (yeah), and we had a couple people that were already Christians and are deciding to get back to God and the church.

Tonight I preach here at Vila Rosali . Pray that God uses the message to draw people to Himself. I don´t think I have gone to bed earlier than midnight this week, keep praying for Leah and I, that we get enough rest and that we keep focused on the goal.

Leah has been doing great. I was able to be on her last visit today (it was a drop in visit, we saw a couple ladies on the street and took the opportunity), the ladies did not receive Christ (one was already a believer) but they were encouraged by Leah´s testimony and she delivered it well. We have been having a lot of fun.

Last night was the Oscars, Marcos would say something in English and I translated it into Portuguese, the crowd was laughing a lot. I had written out all my parts, a whole page. It was a lot of fun. Leah was the one that would read the name in the envelope, she read all the names great and everyone had a blast.

One phrase they had me saying over and over was: Nao dessi a pedeca cair - do not let the hackey sack fall. The award was a brasilian hackey sack. The meaning is 'keep up the good work'.

From Michelle:
I have asked Rachel for a report on how she is doing, and have asked Bob for another report from Joe & Matthew to keep us all updated on their trip...interesting news on getting the church bus parked at the San Francisco airport - seems we needed the temporary permit when I dropped everyone off the other day, as well as when we go back to pick them up! TSA regulations prohibit anything as big as a bus left unattended within 300 feet of any airport, and we would have had to had proof a $5 MILLION liability insurance policy. So, we will have to caravan down instead, which is no big deal, just means that Brandon's wife, Leah's husband and myself will have to drive down on Wednesday to get everyone home.

No comments: