Thursday, July 17, 2008

field news

From Bob:
Hey Sweetheart,
it is 5:20 here and I just returned from some visits and also visiting a school. Leah and I were able to get into the school earlier today and invite kids to the VBS, but the administrator stopped us from sharing about Christ (she is catholic) it is actually okay to do it in the schools here, but she prevented us. So we made the most of it by handing each child an evangelism bracelet and told them to come to vbs and we would explain what the colors mean. I went back this afternoon for the other classes and invited them the same way, many remembered me from previous years and wanted to come up for hugs and shake my hand (my interpreter said they were treating me like a celebrity).

Visits are still going good, but it is hard to get those from a catholic background to know the difference between head knowledge of Jesus and heart knowledge of Jesus. Keep praying as we all share.

I heard that Joe preached last night at his church and the service was great. They have been doing a lot of visits and the church is really working them.

Last night I spoke in VR and there were several decisions made for Jesus and many that had strayed away from church that committed to return. One man I shared with on a visit and had prayed to receive Christ came last night (awesome to see the commitment in him) he came forward because he wanted to makie his decision public.


From Rachel:
I am swell. Today was a hard day. It seems that when it rains it pours. We had a translator that barely spoke English and a lot of close minded people on visits. I just found out that I have to preach at church on Sunday again. Be praying for me. Yesterday we went to the English class and it went very well. I think that we answered a lot of questions about God and Americans. I am good. Tired but well. I have walked up several hills that would put the Ozark mountains to shame though.

No comments: